PMI offers access to a repository of detailed global trade data in an easy to use format for executives working within the medical imaging sector. Our deep understanding of global trade datasets help our clients to utilise trade data effectively for:
- Market Analysis: to support global market analysis
- Forecasting: to enrich predictive modelling and forecasting processes
- Benchmarking: understanding your business within the global context
- Planning: supporting planning and decision making
Data is reported by over 100 individual countries, enabling for local, regional and global analysis.
Data is sourced directly from official country sources which provide highly accurate and reliable sources of data.
Our pricing options seek to offer cost-effective solutions within your budget.
The data points within trade data includes:
- Shipment value ($USD millions): this is captured by three metrics; trade value, free on board (FOB) value and cost, insurance and freight (CIF) value.
- Shipment unit quantity
- Shipment weight (Kg)
- Origin and end location e.g. exported from Germany and imported in China.
- Product type
The frequency of data available includes:
The imaging equipment currently covered includes:
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- X-ray: film for analogue solutions
- X-ray tubes
- X-ray plates
- X-ray equipment for dental uses
- X-ray equipment for human and animal medicine
- X-ray equipment for non-medical applications
- X-ray parts & accessories (e.g. generators, control modules)
On average, approximately 150 countries make available their trade datasets on an annual basis. It is important to understand that it is not possible to capture trade data from every country globally on a consistent basis. That said, our trade data solution captures data were it is available and therefore offers the most comprehensive dataset possible. The majority of large economies are captured within our solution. Please contact us if you would like further information on this coverage.
*2019 data is still underdeveloped: countries can take up to 18-months to submit annual data.
For countries which are missing historic trade data submissions or we are still waiting for their data submission, PMI can provide estimates for these values. We use econometric and regression analysis techniques in order to generate a predictive model to estimate these values. For more information on our estimation and predictive modelling approach, please get in contact.